Khaleej Times, February 11, 2018.
A 27-year-old man has been charged in the Court of First Instance after he allegedly tried to sexually assault an 18-year-old teenager.
According to prosecution records, the Emirati jobless man befriended the Syrian salesman and then lured him at a very late hour to his villa where he locked the doors and tried to force himself on him. He told him he had a criminal record to intimidate him.
The incident, which took place on December 2, 2017, was reported to Al Qusais police station.
The complainant said he first met the accused when the latter came to the shop where he worked to buy a mobile phone accessory. “He insisted on having my personal number and began to send me messages on WhatsApp. He would offer food and money but I would always refuse and thank him,” he said.
“On December 1, 2017, he came to the shop and waited for me until my shift was over around midnight. He distracted me until the staff bus left without me. He then offered to drop me home. On the way, he invited me for dinner with his friend at a junk food restaurant.”
The salesman told the prosecutor the defendant took him later to his villa. “After we entered his room, annexed to the villa, he locked the door. He showed me his scarred arms saying that he had been in jail and had a criminal record and had connections in the police. He told me to let him have sex with him or he would bring his five friends to gang-rape me.
“However, I somehow ran to the door, opened it and climbed up the villa’s wall. I hid under some trees and called my friend seeking help. As I was waiting for him the defendant passed in his car looking for me. My friend arrived about 20 minutes later.”